New Books Today!

illustration by Edward Ardizzone from Sarah and Simon and No Red Paint

I’m happy to announce that there are new books in The Shop today! I’ve added some real favorites, including several rare titles by Frances Hodgson Burnett and collectible volumes by Grace Richmond. I’ve also got two titles by Elizabeth Von Arnim, The Enchanted April and a beautiful copy of Elizabeth and Her German Garden. And, as always, there are the dear, familiar friends: D.E. Stevenson, Bess Streeter Aldrich, Temple Bailey, Louisa May Alcott… Do have a look at that lovely 1903 Jo’s Boys, complete with original dust jacket!

Happy browsing…and remember to sort by “Date Added” to see the new books.

illustration by Edward Ardizzone from The Little Bookroom

8 Responses to “New Books Today!”

1. Lori Tischler says:

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you!!!

(BTW: do you have any Elizabeth Goudge books? I’ve been on a lifelong journey to find/read all of them—the ones I have I’ve read multiple times. :) Also, what about George MacDonald?)

• Lanier Ivester says:

Hi, Lori! :) I am VERY low on Goudge right now, a fact I hope to remedy soon! I do have an 1897 “At the Back of the North Wind” by George MacDonald that I haven’t listed in the shop yet. You can message me via the Contact page if you’re interested in hearing more about it. :)

2. I don’t know if you have read Susan Branch’s new book called A Fine Romance, all about her recent trip to England. It’s a magical book. I absolutely loved it. I guess my review of it gushed a bit as she came over to my blog to thank me for it.

Anyhoo, she was reading Elizabeth and Her German Garden on the ship going to England and at the beginning of her time there. The way she talked about it, the book sounds wonderful.

Good to have you back. :)

3. JOY says:

Sounds like some great additions.

4. BONNIE BUCKINGHAM says:

My favorite book: The Little Bookroom.
    I have stories of reading it to my 4 sons before my daughter was born and my
    husband begging me to keep reading. All on a cold winter night on our king size bed.
    Then , we started again in the morning.

5. Josh says:

I was just thinking it was about time to do a spot of book shopping! And oh, I can’t tell you how much I love those Ardizzone drawings! So lovely! :)

6. Kristen Anna says:

Lanier! I’m delighted to see new books in the shop, and was even more delighted to meet you in person at Hutchmoot this year! I was able to visit a few used bookshops while in the Nashville area and found lovely editions of a Grace Livingston Hill novel and a Temple Bailey novel. (One which I now see listed in your shop.) I also found an absolutely beautiful edition of Phronsie Pepper that I couldn’t resist. I’m looking forward to perusing your new listings!

• Lanier Ivester says:

Oh, Kristen, it was a delight to finally meet you, as well, sweet friend. And I’m so happy to hear of your finds! I love the bookstores in Nashville! (Reading “Peace Like a River” right now, and getting a glimpse into your part of the world. :) )