sweetest distraction

Hermione

Meet the newest member of our family, our beautiful Nubian doeling, Hermione.

Afraid I’m going to be a little occupied around here, what with bottle brigade and romps in the yard and stroking those gorgeous Nubian ears. And I may or may not have had her in my lap at the breakfast table this morning…

She’s a week old and already a diva. Now we’re just looking for a playmate for her, as it’s really best to raise them in pairs.

But she’s rapidly charming the socks off all the rest of the family:

Philip just missed the full-blown kiss

And Puck? He nearly jumped out of his black knee-boots in surprise. I wish you could have seen the distinctly goat-ish double take–he all but rubbed his eyes with his hooves.

She’s nothing short of a gift to us all. And we love her to utter distraction.

12 Responses to “sweetest distraction”

1. Jayne says:

Gorgeous, so sweet! Hermione is very blessed to have all your loving care and attention!

2. Merryrose says:

How completely precious…There is just nothing like Nubians… especially Nubian doelings. I had a full grown Nubian for a while when I was younger. Not quite as precious as a doeling… but I still loved her ears.

3. Stacy says:

Just beautiful! I remember sneaking baby animals into the house when I was little…chicks, injured birds, rabbits, and a piglet (Mother was not amused lol).

4. Lisa says:

How darling! Thanks for sharing the pictures. My smile is so wide it might leap right off my face.

5. She is a lovely goat. Enjoy!

6. You must know that clicking on your blog and seeing your adorable Nubian made my heart sing!

7. Linda says:

Hermione is one of the sweetest animals I’ve ever seen. I know this is a sin, but I am green with envy. I saw many pgymy goats in India when I visited there and just fell in love with them. I love those long ears. I bet she will be a bundle though. Have a wonderful time with her.

8. Wendy says:

Cute, cute, cute!! I love her color! I’m so excited for you (and Philip!)
    Don’t let Hermione get any bigger until I can come see her! xoxo

9. Elisabeth says:

Aww … she’s perfect and beautiful! Makes me want to have a baby goat of my own. Thank you for sharing a peep!

10. Joanna says:

Simply adorable! I love that little goat face. What a blessing!

11. Anne says:

One of God’s creatures, indeed!

12. Janice says:

My dogs would not be nearly as welcoming as yours seems to be.